Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tempermental Issues

Ugh, these past two days I have felt like I'm going to explode. I feel bad at the same time because I have snapped at some people that I shouldn't have. I did put a public warning on Facebook but that doesn't justify it...
Yesterday was the worse, but today feels like it could get bad.
I got to school yesterday and had issues with the same damn teacher that gets on my nerves every time. I hate to say this because it makes me feel bad, but I kind of can't help but wondering if he's a little bit racist. He doesn't yell at anyone or take anything up from anyone but me and this other girl. We're the only two white kids in his class. Well, there is a Mexican, but he's not white. XD
And yes, racism does go both ways, but these days, I'd like to imagine that it's not racism.
It just doesn't feel right to call anyone racist or sexist even though there are some people like that.
I don't know...
But anyway, I've already been quirked at this teacher. When my mom was in the hospital, he took up my phone knowing that I wouldn't be able to get it back because my mom couldn't leave the ER to come get it. My phone was just lying on my desk, not even being used.
That wouldn't bother me because it's his job. You see a phone, you take it.
What does bother me about it though is that he took me phone, but when another girl actually gets on her phone in the middle of class in front of him, he doesn't take it. He also hasn't taken the phones that have gone of in class and there have been about three. I can't forget the boy that listens to music every day in class and doesn't get in trouble when the entire classroom can hear his music.
Okay, maybe the kid has some weird doctor's note that lets him...I doubt it though.
Then there is the way that he talks to me. He's always yelling at me and talking to me like he looks down on me. Then he yells at me for not joining in the class discussion about football. I don't know anything about football. How come you're not getting on to the other kids? There are other kids than me and the other white girl that aren't talking.
Yesterday, he made me rewrite the same assignment twice.
Apparently we write the questions.
Okay... I'm absent a lot due to having caught phemonia and two deaths.

You must have told us when I was absent. That's fine... You don't have to take a tone with me though when I'm saying yes sir.
He was acting like I don't listen when I simply haven't been here. And guys, don't say that you've been back a few days so you must know by now. I've done some work but he'd never said anything to me then and we don't do much work. If he had said anything, I would have listened.
I took the paper back and wrote the questions on the back. When I took the paper back up to him, he yelled at me, saying that "the questions come first, then the answers."
He had me write the paper again...I had to do other work and here I was writing the paper over again. To me, it felt like I was being punished for being absent after a family friend had died.
I came to learn, not copy my work. >.>
The bell rang before I was done so I got my grade marked off which is absolutely joyous... I did the work, I just couldn't write fast enough.
Of course he was rude about that to.
Today he was pretty rude, but he left me alone for the most part which was nice.
Yesterday I also got tempermental because my friend William kept blowing my phone up constantly about Pokemon.
If you've read any of my blog entries, you probably know that I'm a huge Pokemon fan.
However, it was extra annoying because he kept talking about battling and wanting to tell me the plot.
I was and still am absolutely against learning the plot. This is one of the first times that I can't afford a Pokemon game as soon as it came out so I've never had the plot spoiled.
I would be furious and he kept going off about it. Eventually I snapped off at him.
He's really sensitive so I felt terrible about it even though he seemed fine. I'm going to have to talk to him about it.
The next reason I'm temperamental is because my teacher has had me for three years now. You would think that having me two hours a day for three years, she would know me by now. That's not including all the other things outside of school I have done with her and this class.
Apparently not though.
Every week, we have this thing called workshop. Someone gives us their work on Friday and by Thursday, we have it critiqued and go over it with them. We didn't do it Thursday and I wasn't here Friday so I had to do it yesterday. I sat her down and talked to her about how she didn't proof read it and her one page took me an hour and a half to go over. Then I told her about how good the idea is but how hard it was to read.
That's what the teacher told me to do because I had torn it up so bad on paper, I went to the teacher and told her that I didn't feel comfortable workshopping it.
The vice prinicple told my teacher I had called her work "crap". I would never!
I could see where workshop would look mean because her work is being corrected, especially one that hadn't even been proofread and had a lot of corrections, but I would never say that it was crap.
She was there when I got my first workshop and it almost left me in tears. I've come to her several times to warn her that I was worried workshop would get carried away and every time I have been right. I've also talked to the students and warned them that workshop is harsh the first time, but it doesn't mean their work is bad. Everyone knows that I'm the most gentle workshopper in the class...

No comments:

Post a Comment