Thursday, October 4, 2012

It's The Victim's Fault

.......Said no one ever!
Oh, yeah....Wait a moment.

That was Wardyinski's defense in tonight's school board meeting. Kids may get raped, beaten, even killed, but it's not our problem! It's their fault! Why is it their fault?
Because they aren't where they're supposed to be.

Umm....The cases that we were talking about involved a girl leaving an after-school activity, a girl with permission to go to the restroom, and a girl that was bullied in gym.
I'm a little lost at what he means..
I thought that I was supposed to participate in school events and when a teacher told me I can go potty, that it's totally okay. As for gym, well, I don't take it, but this girl did. So I'm not supposed to go to my classes?

Wait, Anna, slow down on the angry rant! What the hell are you talking about?

Okay, okay...

I attended the school board meeting with my mom and several other people as a concerned citizen. We got there early, held signs that said "Stop the violence, end the silence" and talked to the news about different cases of bullying. After that, we went into the school board meeting.
It was pretty boring, talking about buildings and money. Then, we got to citizen talking.
The first person that stood up was the mother of the girl in the Butler incident.
She talked about her daughter and how her safety was compromised when the super intendent told what school she was being transferred to. Her daughter had permission to go to the bathroom during class and while in there got jumped and stripped. Let it be known that two of the three attackers are still in school with her.
Then I went. I talked about my friend that was raped after school. She had stayed after to help sell Lee memorials from the old building as a Creative Writing fundraiser. Of course, this to was swept under the rug.
Third went another woman with our group. She spoke about the bullying and how she couldn't be pushed down because she was a nobody. Unlike my GSA, they couldn't take any school clubs from her. They couldn't fire her. They couldn't harm her.
Fourth went a man who's son was harmed at recess and the school didn't handle it properly. They let the hurt boy stay hurt without informing the parents.
Lastly went an old woman who demanded that they forget their 'damn buildings' and pay attention to the kids.

After, Wardyinski closed by telling us that the behavior problems had gone down. The only problems left were because the kids weren't where they were supposed to be....
Umm, even then, it's your job to take care of them.
Also, these kids were where they were supposed to be!

Prick.

1 comment: