Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My Entire Perspective of Reality Has Shifted

These last few days have been really educational for me.
Oh, by the way, if you can't handle sensitive content, right now would be the perfect time to tell you to go fuck off. \O/ Byeee!

For the people who are man enough, woman enough, ecteria enough to stay, congratulations.
So it has been educational for me in the way of learning about gender. Yesterday, I talked to a transgendered person about the transgendered community and what falls into that community. It really is fascinating. Before then, I had though that a transvetite was a person that may have male genitals, but classifies themselves as a female.
Nope!
Under the transgendered umbrella, there is transexual, cross dressers, and drag queens/kings. A transvetite is just a cross dresser. Transexual is a person that may have male or female genitals, but leads the opposite genders lifestyle.
I also learned that there are more genders than I knew before.
There's male, female, transexual, hermaphrodite, genderqueer, and genderfluid.
As you probably know, a hermaphrodite is a person that can have a penis, but a female reproductive system or both organs.
Before, I didn't know about genderqueer or genderfluid.
Genderfluid is a person that may have one or the other genital, but relates as a male one day and a female the other day. They can identify as either at any given moment.
Genderqueer is a person that doesn't relate to any known gender.

If I missed any, feel more than welcomed to let me know. I love learning about such things.

No comments:

Post a Comment