Monday, September 17, 2012

Mormons & Alabama At It's Finest

I realized that I do meet the southern stereotype in some things. I hate it, I do, but it's true. (Hehe, see what I did there?) When I say that I meet the stereotype, I mean the southern belle one. I wouldn't be here if I met the redneck stereotype because I would have killed myself by now.
I'm a southern belle in the fact  that I say ya'll, all ya'll, and hun all the time. I love sweet tea and manners are bred into me.
When I meet anyone older than me, I say ma'am & sir. When they tell me not to call them that, I refer to them as mr. Bob or miss Lora. (Random names)
I also have a southern accent when I get mad.
Oh my gosh, it's a kitten! I'm sorry, I know that was so ADHD but someone showed me this site called writtenkitten.net and for every certain amount of words that you type, you get a picture of a kitten. It's so cute!
Anyway...
So, about the Mormons and Alabama's finer points..
The last few days, I keep having Mormons come to my door daily. Usually they come once a week for a few months, then they go away for a few months.
Having the southern belle hospitality that my mom and I do, we can't just slam the door in their face as much as we would like to. We sit outside with them, allow them to talk, ask questions, and then offer them a drink. Or, in my mom's case, make them dinner. -.-
If they start following us around everywhere like hobos, I'm not going to be happy. I'm not against religion, but I don't care for it either.
Well, onto Alabama's finer points....I'm going to talk about our amazingly educational school system!
If you didn't snort at that description for Alabama, I hate to tell you, but you may be a retard.
I'm in a senior class right now...Seniors in highschool.
We just had to go around the room in reading and one of the kids couldn't read...At all. Now I know ya'll may be like, well Anna, what you're going to say is cruel, but it's not. If a kid can't read...You don't pass that kid. You hold him back and teach him how to read.
 Yeah, I'm cruel. No, you're cruel! You want a person to go out into this hard world without being able to read? That's cruel. People like that get eaten alive. The fact that our school hasn't caught it yet makes me sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment