Monday, March 26, 2012

Hunger Games, Wisdom Teeth Removal, and the Amazing Reappearing Dakota

Last night, I finally got to see the Hunger Games. I went to the right movie with the wrong ex, but it was worth it.
The movie was just as good as I thought it would be.... Amazing.
My grandma picked me up last night because I will be staying Spring Break with her. This way she knows that I'm taken care of now that I have my wisdom teeth out and when I feel better, we're going to go look at colleges.
I begged her to let me see the movie that night and called one of my bestfriends that is in the area. She couldn't make it because she's grounded, so I called my ex. I don't talk to many people out here anymore, so I was starting to worry about not having anyone to go with me.
He agreed though and we went to see it. It was a little awkward for me at first because he texted me after we got off the phone and told me that it could be a date. Then when I said no, he informed me that two single people going to the movies alone was depressing.
All the same, we went as friends and watched the movie. Close friends, but friends all the same.
Go see the movie, I promise you that you won't be disappointed and it's pretty close to the book, especially for a movie.
I just wanted to take Cinna home and keep him as mine forever and forever.

After the movie, he brought me home, but somehow, despite my amazing directions, we got lost. Yep, my AMAZING directions. I don't care what anyone says, they are amazing.

By the time I got home, I was only able to watch two episodes of Trigun before I had to go to bed.
My grandma woke me up way too early. We had to get dressed and go see the surgical dentist so that he could remove my teeth. We were so early, we had about 40 minutes to kill so she let me look at Pokemon cards but I didn't find any that I wanted. She wanted to read in the parking lot but I took the advice that she had given me a billion times before and asked to go early in case they would be able to get us in early.
They were.
We waited a very short while before mom had to run to the bathroom. While she was in there, the nurse called me back. My dad tried to follow, wanting to be there for me and she told him no. He still followed so I had to stop and sign to him that I had to go back by myself.
My daddy is deaf by the way, which really came in handy today when I couldn't talk to mom or she couldn't understand me.
Dad sat back down and I went with the nurse in the back.
They took my blood pressure and put an IV in me. The nurse was really careful not to hurt me and talked me through everything. She told me what everything did and chatted with me to calm me down.
After the doctor was ready, she took out two needles and injected them into the IV. Not into me, the IV. So keep that in mind if you ever get your wisdom teeth removed. You only get one needle into you which is the needle for the IV. The others that you see don't go in you so don't worry about them.
The IV doesn't hurt either.
After that, I briefly remember trying to pull away from the doctor, being led to the car, and opening my eyes on the ride once.
None of it hurt, the doctor was also amazingly nice, and it was over before I knew it.
However, it's once I got home that it got complicated.
I have few and brief memories, a lot that had to be triggered by talking to my mom and dad.
Mom trying to get me to take pills and me not being able to swallow them, waking up sometimes but falling right back to sleep, a cold sweat that was cured with a warm washcloth, and daddy telling me that he's there if I need him.
Perhaps the strongest memory is because I asked about it once I came to.
I tried to stumble to the bathroom for an unknown reason, collapsed on the way back, and started to throw up. Luckily my grandma (The person that I've been referring to as mom) was there to catch me. She had two paper towels in her hand and held me while I threw up while screaming for dad.
Dad is deaf, but he has a cochlear implant so he could hear her screaming. He brought out a bucket and I emptied my already empty stomach into the bucket.
That bucket has been my best friend for the last few hours.
TAKE THE NAUSEA MEDS! If you ever get your teeth out, take the meds. Don't skip them because you can't swallow them like I did.
With them, it's really pleasant and easy. Without them, I was miserable.
I got icecream and I couldn't taste it! What mad hell is this??
No but seriously, you have to keep gauze in your mouth for a day or two because they bleed crazily. That mixed with the lack of food, since you have to fast; and the meds they put in you' you will be sick for awhile.
I'm still trying to figure out how to get around drinking anything. I finally ate, but I kept pushing it away for hours.
I'm fat... I don't push away food... But I knew that I couldn't keep it down because I had not taken my meds.
I think I'll try to look pitiful and get some ice cream now. <3

Oh, I forgot to talk about the amazing appearing boyfriend.
If you read the last entry, you know that my boyfriend/almost boyfriend, dipped out half an hour before our date.
Apparently he left work early and was on his way to come see me. He didn't make it five minutes before he was in a car wreck and rushed to the hospital. He has been in a drug induced coma for the past two days.
When I asked him to prove it because I wanted to know that he wasn't lying, he got mad.
Now if he is, I would feel terrible, but when I asked for the name of the hospital so I could call and check, he wouldn't give it to me.
He couldn't call me from a hospital phone or even give me a name to confirm that he's in there.
It just sounds a little fishy to me.

1 comment:

  1. If it was giving you that much trouble, then it was just right that you decided to have those removed. The problem would have probably grown worse if you just left it. Aside from impacting the other teeth, your wisdom teeth would have also caused an infection inside the mouth, which is actually one of the main reasons wisdom teeth are extracted.
    Wisdom teeth removal
    Wisdom teeth removal
    Wisdom teeth removal

    ReplyDelete