Friday, March 23, 2012

The Flaky Day of Spring & the Wonders That It Brings

I'm intent on updating my blog on a regular basis, or at least when I have something relatively interesting happen.
Yes, even if that means typing up an entry while listening to loud My Chemical Romance and trying to ignore my friend that is dancing around me and continually messing with my hair, in turn getting her bracelet stuck in it.

About two weeks ago, my boyfriend dumped me and disappeared for a week. I figured that I would be upset, but it didn't bother me. Instead, while he was gone, I grew increasingly close to a guy named Dashawn. The issue with Dashawn is that he lives too far and I don't mess with people that live out of state. Not only this, but something about him makes me grow increasingly possessive, even though we're not dating.
It's not surprising that Dashawn wasn't very happy when Dakota messaged me a week later in school.
An entire week of not hearing from him, and not bothering to try and contact him, he messages me out of nowhere.
His excuse was that he had a mental break down and left everything behind.
We had spent many nights fighting over him not seeing me. I had not seen him for almost five months. It's true that a vast amount of the driving was left to him, but there were some times when I offered to come see him. At some point, I gave up trying to see him and just left it for him to come see me.
After his week of disappearing, he returned and wanted me to come stay the weekend with him.
My eagerness to see him made it hard to stay mad at him so I agreed.
However, that week I had a party Friday night, a fundraiser with my friends that would last me all Saturday, and then we were going to go to a movie that I had been looking forward to. At first, I thought that he was going to go to the movie with my friends and I and then I would go stay the night with him and be back Sunday in time to go home with my grandma because I'm getting my wisdom teeth out Monday.
Soon he corrected me when he learned about my plans and told me that I was staying the entire weekend with him. I cancelled my plans so that I could go with him and rushed through school.
Come Wednesday, a friend called me, wanting to come and stay the weekend with me.
I told her that I would spend the day with her tomorrow, Thursday.
While I was at school, Dakota texted me and told me that a semi had backed into his car but he wasn't in it so he was okay. What wasn't okay was that he couldn't come see me. After almost a year of putting up with Dakota, I was sick of his excuses and knew better. I told him straight out that I didn't believe him and he got mad at me for it. I told him that I was going to go for the day and he reminded me that he was going to get a rental car and could still come get me. I agreed and that was that.
After school, I arranged for a ride to go get my friend, an hour and a half away from me. We hanged out with a friend that night and we were gonna sleep over there and have him bring us back in the morning so that I could make school that day and still hang out with her and Dakota.
The friend bought alcohol and we drank a little. I noticed that he kept trying to get us to drink and wasn't drinking himself so I slowed down to make sure that everything would be okay. As soon as my friend was drunk, he started to come onto both of us and tried to convince me to take advantage of her with him.
I said no and called my friend Drake to come get me because I didn't feel comfortable there. While I was on the phone, they had a few moments that once she sobered up, she regretted.
Drake picked us up and took me home.
We stumbled in, both drunk, and sat on the couch to tell my mom what had happened. She had been up, waiting for me because even though she was told that I wouldn't come home that night, she had a bad vibe. Real mother's intuition. She was furious, very vocal, and not approving of my drinking, but she was grateful that we were okay and agreed to let her spend the night since we didn't know what else to do. We didn't have the gas to take her home so we were going to let Kevin take her home in the morning.
It wasn't long before we made our way to bed. I gave her my bed and settled down on the floor, but around four in the morning, it was too hard on my back and I made my way to the couch. My mom was still up and playing with her phone so we talked for a brief moment, but I don't recall what. I then noticed that I had a text from Dakota.
Apparently his roommate had decided to stay at home so he couldn't bring me over for the weekend. His roommate was staying because it was raining ,and yeah, it was, but only for about an hour.
Like before, I had gotten mad at him for making up what sounded like lies to me. Once I got mad at him and reminded him that I wasn't going to be available for the rest of my spring break, he told me that he would come around the same time and pick me up to take me on a date.
I fought him over it for around two hours but I then agreed and went to sleep.
A few hours, I was woken up by my friend who insisted on waking me up. (Thanks, Ten. -,-)
I dragged myself to my bed and fell asleep there while she played on my computer. Once I had finally gotten up due to a rumbling stomach, I made us pancakes and called the guy that was supposed to take her home.
It took a few hours before he answered my phone call, but he finally did. He took about an hour to get ready and head out here to pick her up. By the time that he was almost here, I had filled in my friend on what had happened that night. She called him and asked him to fill in the parts that I wasn't there for and he openly stated that if she was pregnant that he wasn't the father.
I don't blame her when she told me that she wasn't getting in the car after that.
I called him again and cancelled, then called Drake and asked him to come get her and take her home for me. He said that he would but it would be after eight at night once he had gotten off of work.
I let Dakota know that she was coming with us on our date, but Drake had decided to come as well because he wanted to see the movie. I didn't see an issue with this because they intended to go off on their own while him and I spent time together, but he got mad at me.
He barely talked to me most of the day, but I texted him around 2:30 any way because he gets off work at three and he was supposed to be coming right after work to come see me.
I didn't get an answer.
Two hours, three hours, four hours later, no answer.
Even now, almost one in the morning, a good eleven hours later, still no answer.
Drake also wasn't able to come get my friend so she's stuck at my house with me until tomorrow when he either comes and gets her or we find a way to get her home without seeing the guy that took advantage of her drinking.
On top of that, needless to say, Dakota and I are done. This had been coming for awhile and all it took was a little push like this to end it.
I just felt like he could have at the least let me know why he wasn't coming or even if he intended at all to come.
Now, I'm full of pizza and caramel turtle pie, relaxing on the computer, and listening to my mom and friend talk.
Today hasn't been as bad as it felt like earlier, we're just happy to have each other and that's what matters.


Ending off on a positive note, blah. Does this sound like a fairy tale? -,-

No comments:

Post a Comment