Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Weirdness That Is My Life

I'd like to say that the weirdest thing going on with me would be the fact that my cat stalks me around the house, but of course that's not the case. I am a magnetic for odd people and odd situations.

About two months ago, someone started calling the fire department and police to my house, but they never gave a name, they just claimed that they saw smoke. Since the dispatcher gives the orders to the fire fighters and police, the people that we talked to never actually had access to the number. After about the fourth time, they did however, tell me that they thought I should be careful and carry a weapon at all times because it may be intended as a threat.
That's when the really odd stuff started happening. After one of the calls, my mom and I left to McDonald's at around midnight to get a drink. My mom has extreme paranoia, so her nerves were already well shot. It didn't help that when we came back, our spot light was on. Our spot light doesn't come on unless something over four feet is moving in the yard. We do have a dog in the backyard, but he's a very small breed and far from four feet.
Mom and I hurried into the house and told my dad, who told us that we were overreacting.
I was a little nervous after the police warning, but not terribly upset or bothered. What did bother me was when someone knocked on my window late that night. Now, honestly, it's not odd for people to knock on my window. It's in the back of the house pretty far from the door and I never listen for people knocking so everyone knows to come around to my window and knock if they need to get my attention. The only odd thing about it was that it was around two or three in the morning, at least, that's what I'm guessing because the knocking woke me up.
The last thing was the scariest and made me want to talk to mom about going to the police, but she still won't go to them even now.
A few days later, I was in my room and on the computer. I heard the door to the house open and my dogs start to bark, so I figured that mom was finally home. Like usual, I called out to her, greeting her, but unlike usual, I didn't get a response back. I waited a few moments and called out once more, but when I still didn't get a response, I went to check on her.
My mom was nowhere to be seen and the door that had been closed was now wide open. It had to have been closed because honestly, who would leave their door wide open?
I called and told mom what happened and she immediately had me grab a weapon and search the house while she returned home.
There was nobody in the house.
Things stopped for awhile, I went out of state for almost a month, came back, and things still had stopped. With us that is.
The fire department pulled up to my neighbor's house last night and we smelled gasoline. It didn't take long for them to leave so we immediately went over to her house to check and make sure that she was okay. She informed us that she was, but that was the fourth time that they had been called to their house.
She also informed us that she had a suspicious someone had been in one of the abandoned houses right next door to us. Add that thought to the late night that was pitch black and the smell of gasoline all over her house and it wasn't surprising what came next.
Let me state that at this point, I had an issue with an ex following me out of the state and had to deal with the police. I was already tired of the shit and figured that everybody was/is overreacting.
Okay, well anyway, afterwards someone started walking towards us from a good distance down. They held a bag in one hand and something long and rigid in the others but because of the dark and distance, we couldn't make out what it was.
The person turned down the road and mom claimed that he had been carrying a rifle. I still think it was a stick, but whatever, it was too dark to know. We all piled in the van and like the intelligent people that we are, followed the person to see if it was indeed a rifle. We had already lost them though.
We went around the local area to get payphone numbers in case we ever got the caller number from the police.
When we got back, we went into the houses and were going to go to bed. Well, I wasn't. I was going to stay up and read all night, but you know what I mean?
Not long after, I heard a thump against my window that was followed by a weird noises, kind of like soft knocking on the back door. Mom didn't hear the thump, but she did hear the knocking. Once it settled down, we went to bed.
This morning mom woke me up in a state of fear. According to the neighbor, someone rode by at 3 AM yelling "I'm gonna kill you!" and was looking in windows.
I don't know if it actually happened because I didn't hear it, but I was awake at that time, if not paying attention to my window.

No comments:

Post a Comment