Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Gays & Religion



Okay, so I’ll probably piss some people off, but whatever. Please keep in mind that I’m not speaking to everyone, but I am speaking to a lot of people. We all know that one person.

So, let me start on my own people first.

Gay, lesbian, pansexual, bisexual, transgendered, or anyone that may work with them…Come on guys, what the hell? You’re supposed to be open minded about things. Why are you judging Christians back? We’re better than that. When they judge us, we need to turn the other cheek and ignore them. Especially those of us that are Christian. The best protest that I’ve been in was against Chick-Fil-A. We were cussed at, flipped off, and preached at, but to every bad comment, we responded with a good one. “Jesus loves you”, “Thank you”, and “We love you”.

The thought of a protest brings me to my next point. While I was there, anolder man approached us. He was well dressed and looked as if he could be a preacher. I admit that I immediately approached him because I figured that such a man was going to tell us that we were going to hell and I wanted to cut him off before he got to everyone else. The man stopped, handed me a bottle of water, and smiled at me. All he had wanted to do was give us water and tell each of us that Jesus loves us. With all the battering we had been getting, despite the good comments, it was nice to be reminded that Jesus still loves us.

What I mean to say with all of that is, not EVERY Christian is against us. Don’t speak hatefully against Christians because some of them are good.

And, as much as I hate to admit it, even some of the ones that are against us mean the best. They just don’t know better. Pray for those Christians, but don’t judge them because their heart may not always be in the wrong place.

Now for the Christians that need to hear this.

I’m sure you’ve heard it already, but let me repeat it again.

You are wrong. That is all there is to it. What happened to bible versus such as Matthew 7:1-5 , Romans 14:12-13 , Corinthians 4:5 , Luke 6:37 , James 4:11-12 , Ephesians 4:29? (Verses added at the ending)

Ignoring them for your own purpose is wrong and cruel.

Jesus and God want you to help your brothers. If you think that they are wrong for what they’re doing, then tell them and pray for them, but don’t tell them in a cruel way. Support them in their choices, but let them know how you feel about it. Judging someone is wrong and against the bible. God put us here to support each other, not hurt people.

I will not speak on if gay is right or wrong in accordance to the bible because it seems to be a matter of perspective, but I would love to see comments and messages about it.

If you have something to say about this, feel free. I love feedback.

Verses Mentioned

Matthew 7:1-5

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. 3Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.




Romans 14:12-13

So then each of us will give an account of himself to God. Therefore let us not pass judgment on one another any longer, but rather decide never to put a stumbling blockor hindrance in the way of a brother.

1 Corinthians 4:5

Therefore do not pronounce judgment before the time, before the Lord comes, who will bring to light the things now hidden in darkness and will disclose the purposes of the heart. Then each one will receive his commendation from God.
Luke 6:37 “Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;” James 4:11-12

Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?


Ephesians 4:29

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment