Friday, December 7, 2012

School Blocks

I've been helping people get past the school blocks on the laptops all yesterday and today. What we've been doing is downloading Google Chrome and some software called Psiphon3. The software works as a proxy that can't be blocked because it's not a site. It doesn't affect anything, download time, doesn't put any bulky graphics on the page, nothing. The only problem with it is that you have to use Google Chrome which is fine with me because that's what I use anyway. XD
It's funny though because kids have been coming to me in groups to ask for help, even a few of the teachers.
If you block stuff on the computers, people are going to find a way around it. The kids already hacked into the computer and got the wi-fi password for the adult wi-fi which has less blocks, put video games on their computers, and movies. I'm waiting for someone to hack into the administrator account on the laptops and spread the password so people can just change the settings.
I wanted to put an emulator on here so I wouldn't have to download the games separately  but I might not be able to until someone does get the password so I can change the download settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment