Tuesday, November 13, 2012

R.I.P Dylan, Hama-Con, & Dreams

This weekend was a sad weekend for my high school. We lost a Freshmen Friday afternoon about forty minutes after school got out. His name was Dylan and even though I didn't know him, it's still a bit sad.
He was only fourteen. That's what gets me. Fourteen is way too young to be buried.
Right next to our school, we have a train track. It's not too uncommon for kids to walk on the track for convenience sake. Though, they usually move off of the rails when a train is coming so it's not as big of a deal.
That's why I think this is suicide. He should have felt the rails vibrating or heard the horn. He was walking on the track, not trying to run across the crossing or beat the train.
All the same, I will be attending his funeral and giving my condolences to the family as a fellow school mate. I went to school for a very brief moment before mom checked me out and I felt like I was going to suffocate under the sweltering sadness of people remembering their friend.
Lost but not forgotten.
Though, I can't honestly say that was the highlight of my weekend because I hardly knew him.
What was the highlight of my weekend was going to Hama-Con Saturday. I got up at eight, got dressed and all of that good stuff, then my friend Addie was dropped off at my house.
We stopped by the bank and grocery store so that I could pick up the money to get us lunch. Like the healthy kids that we are we got a 2 litter of Dr. Pepper, Hot Cheetos, Poptarts, M&Ms, and Cheez Its.
It was slightly comical because we were musing about if the two litter would fit in one of our purses while we were at the con and a girl looked at us weirdly. It sounded like we were planning on stealing the soda.
After that, we hurried to the con. The registration wasn't that bad which was pretty nice because the line usually takes a little while. Since I was on the pre-registeration list, it took me less than a minute. It took her maybe three, which all in all for a con isn't too bad.
The convention was a lot of fun to. Maybe it was because I had a good friend there with me as well as several other people that I hang out with in school or maybe it was because I attend cons often enough that I know several people and am comfortable with them.
Addie drug me around the convention to take pictures of the cosplayers for the first half. It was okay even though I jokingly complained because I didn't have any panels that I wanted to be to until later that afternoon.
One of the panels that we attended was the Ninja Panel and that was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed getting to play ninja with a large group of people...Even though I seem to do that pretty often anyway.
It did get a tiny bit awkward around the end though. You see, I went to a really small con at the mall that was more of an anime appreciation day than it was a con. While I was there, some guy from the con added me on Facebook. We started chatting. It wasn't anything serious, just idle chatter. Then when I went to actual con here in town, I overheard him say something to his friend about how he was lucky he avoided that one or something and he blocked me from Facebook.
I don't know what that was all about but it made me feel awkward when we ended up being the last two people in ninja. He won by the way.
The awkwardness didn't last too long though since I had a lot of fun.
I also took a group of cosplayers to the park. I don't remember who's idea that was but we ended up inviting several people that we didn't know and splitting our little horde of food with them. We had an America from Hetalia, a Kaito from Vocaloid, Nyan Cat, and several other people that I don't remember what they were from.
One of the people pulled out two foam swords and my friend and I started larping. The loser had to propose to a random character in the con. I won. =D
She ended up proposing to a Grell.
They all wandered back before my friend and I so we started to clean up the area of trash. Once we were done, we began the trek back. On the way, there were four people sitting on a matt, playing instruments and meditating. We kind of idled over to watch and they invited us to join. In the spirit of not being rude, we gave it a go. It was actually a lot of fun. We chanted with them, danced, and meditated then made our way back to the con. From there, we attended several panels and had a great time.
That is, until my best friend decided that she wanted to come. She invited herself around seven at night, well into the con. She was a little upset at me for not inviting her but I didn't invite her because I knew that she wasn't into those type of things.
I was right.
The entire time she complained and insulted just about everyone there. I love her. I love her dearly, but that is not her enviroment.
She was pretty fun at the rave though. Also, it was hilarious to watch her flee from a cosplayer dressed as death. Apparently she has a fear of people wearing masks as well as hugs.
People at conventions really like to hug.
I mean...They REALLY like to hug.
Addie spent the night and we had a lot of fun making stupid Youtube videos the next day.
As for the third part of the title, I've been having some weird dreams that are kind of creeping me out. Sunday night I dreamt about a school shooting that turned into a slave trade. Basically, they shot up the school and then took some people captor to sell as slaves. It's really rare for me to remember a dream, especially in so much clarity so it creeped me out a bit.
The creepier one was last night though.
i dreamed about a friend who had passed away a few years ago. We were in the car and I asked him why people were saying that he was dead. He told me that he didn't know, people posted stupid shit like that all the time.
I found out about his death on Facebook so that's where it was being posted. He lives in Georgia and me in Alabama so I don't know all the details.
The dream was really details and he had even aged since I last saw him so that's what made it so creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment