Monday, November 19, 2012

College, Thanksgiving, Boyfriend, and Trains. =D

I don't really have anything all that important to type about today, but I haven't updated in a few days and I promised myself that I would keep this updated. >.>
One day I'll go as far as to make illustrations or something....Maybe. I want a tablet.
College... A word that is made to torment man into a world of hectic chaos. Once they escape the prison that is known as high school, college is almost unavoidable. If you don't attend college, you will hear about college everywhere.
I intend to go because I want to be a therapist and that requires a college degree. If I don't get that, I honestly don't know what I would do with my life but I didn't think about that until recently.
I guess it's because it never really fully hit me. I don't think that it has yet, that I will be going off on my own pretty soon.
So, this weekend I spent the night at my grandma's so that I could fill out college applications and blah, blah, blah, blah. It wasn't too bad. I also made an It Gets Better video in sign language.
I really enjoyed doing that because I got to learn a bunch of new signs that I hadn’t known beforehand. I still remember them which is the best part.
Oh, I got to see a childhood friend that I haven’t seen in about three years. She had posted on Facebook about wanting to learn sign language and I commented that my dad and I could help her. We got to talking and while I was at my grandma’s, she came and picked me up. She looks really different. I don’t think that I’ve changed too much in the past several years, though I probably have, but she really has. She had gotten taller and grown into a more proportional adult as well as her voiced had changed. She said that I looked and sounded different as well. She’s also taken up smoking.
                He brother didn’t look too different and he was still as annoying as he’s always been, coming in her room while we were hanging out and being overall aggravating.
I’ll probably go see on her again on Thanksgiving break which really needs to hurry up so that I can get out of school. I’m not thinking about food right now because I ate some semi-raw ham last night and it made my stomach feel bad. I’m thinking about staying up on the phone with my boyfriend all night and sleeping in all day.
Which, one the note of boyfriend, things are going amazingly well with him. I don’t think that I’ve ever been so content in a relationship as I am this one. He’s really sweet, we never fight, and we talk for hours when we get the chance to. Plus, it’s not taxing like some of my other relationships where people had to bring drama into it and so forth. 
The last part of the title, trains, relates back to that kid who passed away at my school. I’ve been a little nervous of trains after driver’s ed showing us a video of people and cars getting hit by them, but that helped remind me just how much that they creep me out. I live near the train track and before, they came so regularly that you just get used to the noise and it doesn’t process when they come. Now, I hear them every time a train comes which is about every thirty minutes to an hour.
I also mentioned it to my therapist and she said that she also thinks that it was suicide because she was told that he was kicked off the baseball team the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment