Thursday, November 8, 2012

My Leave From Blogging, Halloween, and Drag Queens

I haven't written a post in a little more than a week. It's not because I've been busy...I just haven't felt like it.
Well, I guess that I should catch up on what has happened to me.
I was excited in my last entry for Halloween. This guy that I liked was supposed to spend that night with me, I was taking my niece trick-or-treating, throwing a going away party for a good friend, and I had my GSA.
Well, the GSA and going away party went great. Then, I got home and started to get ready. An hour before we were supposed to pick him up, I texted him to remind him. No answer.
An hour later, and we were running late anyway, I texted him again and no answer. So, I decided to call him. I had to use my mom's phone since the microphone on my own is busted. When I called, a girl answered the phone. She then informed me that he had went out skating and left his phone there. Okay...Can you have him call me back? 
During the course of the night, I sent him two more text messages. One last attempt to see if he was coming and then one telling him where he could go for standing me up. I haven't heard from him since and that's fine. I deleted his number.
I understand standing someone up once in a blue moon, but twice in one week? Hell no!
It was all good though. I had a great time with my niece. She's three years old and she's like an adopted daughter to me. I took her trick-or-treating and she seemed to really enjoy it. On top of that, someone followed us for a few moments to give her a big treat. It turns out that they were saving them for 'the cute ones'. They were probably for the babies in general, but it made me smile.
Once we were almost home, she looked up at me and thanked me for helping her trick-or-treat. My heart melted.
When we got back, dad had been drinking and he was rowdy. He got to spend the night on the back porch. =D
He called my niece a nigger. Yeah, she's black but she's still part of the family and I love her like she's white. Nobody talks like that around her.
I fell asleep by nine that night...Super early for me.
Other things of mention this week...?
Well, there was the presidential election. I'm really glad that Obama won but I feel a bit bad for Romney. I mean, he came so far and tried so hard, but now he's leaving politics. Not just the running for president, but politics in general.
Four more years. =D
Other than that, yesterday is mentionable.
I had my GSA on Wednesday like every week. Every other week, we aim to have a speaker.
Well, I invited a professional drag queen. She's a volunteer with the organization that I work with and she's been nothing but kind every time I've talked to her.
She most certainly didn't deserve the welcoming that she got to my school.
In fact, I feel ashamed to say that I am a Lee High General.
I hurried out of the building as soon as the bell had rung because I didn't want to leave her outside waiting for me. Two of my friends that also attend the GSA caught me going out and joined me. We all walked in together. Within a few feet from the door, we started hearing people talking.
"Is that a dude?" "Aye man, that's a dude!" "Get out of here!"
All kinds of cruel things. The talking then began to roll into yelling. People were following us and yelling things at her! She hadn't even said one word to them.
Luckily, the staff came out and stopped them and we got on the elevator because he knee is bad. Nobody threw anything or tried to touch her.
She was okay with it though...In fact, she seemed used to it.
We had the least amount of members that we've ever had at that meeting. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment