Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Vsa, Law School, and Hyper teenagers

I haven't been able to get on much because I'm on a trip to Vanderbilt Summer Academy, a summer program that has been a lot of fun so far. At first, I was really nervous that nobody would like me because I had made the snap decision to dye my hair rainbow. My grandma kept putting it down until I lost all confidence in it and was already more nervous than I was.

When I first got here, I felt weird because despite this being my fourth year, I didn't recognize anybody. I went to my floor and began to unpack with my dad and grandma. I had not met my room mate yet as she was not here yet so I got to pick the things that I wanted, the bed, closet, and furniture.
My parents left before she got here so I curled up in bed with a novel and hoped for the best.

She got here eventually and she was really sweet, in fact, I'm using her lap top now to update my blog. However, when we met our group that we're supposed to stay with, I figured that I was doomed. They liked Glee, Justin Bieber, and Taylor Swift...
I like Pokemon, Trigun, and H.I.M.

Luckily, we don't have to stay with out group. I sat with them the first day at dinner and then wandered off to read on my own. Apparently my worries were needless, my hair seemed to make me a super star. People have been coming up to me every few minutes that I'm in public and complimenting it. I even had a random girl come up and tell me that I'm awesome for no reason.
Not only this, but I've made so many friends that I hardly know who to hang out with.

It's really nice to fit in so well by just being myself, this kids, is why you take that saying seriously.

Oh, the food and classes are fantastic as well and, they're taking us to see The Dark Knight Rises!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment